13 August 2014

Tweeting Scripture

I have been playing this game on Twitter for a number of years already.

If a Bible verse excites me, I would tweet it.  Or, if I think of a Bible verse that fit in the context of what somebody else has tweeted, I would tweet that verse as a response.

It excites me when enough people "favourite" or "retweet" such tweets.

Does this imply that the Bible is relevant today?

It seems that less people are quoting Scripture nowadays, even though the Bible has been a most quoted book in the past.  Is this a false impression?

If the Bible were to be quoted, then which language/version would be best to use?

Do we make an effort to memorise the Scriptures the way our grandparents used to?  Or the way persecuted church members do?

Does the Bible contain God's word?  Or are they just words that contain inspiring thoughts?  Is it any more relevant than other scriptures, eg. the Hindu Vedas or the Islamic Quran?

What do you believe?  Why?

1 comment:

  1. so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

    ReplyDelete