13 October 2014

Why does God bless you?

I was recently offered a new job.  When telling a friend about it, she told me that she knew I would get it.  Her reason was that she knew that God would bless me because of the things I have been doing diligently for God.

Really?  Is this why God blesses someone?  What do you think?

Is it because of our merit that we are blessed?  Is it because we have worked hard that we get the results we desire?  Or is it our service for God that lets us gain favour?

Perhaps I got the job because my friend gave me a good reference.  Perhaps it was something at the job interview.

Perhaps, God blessed me because He chose to - not because of anything I have done or did not do.

What do you think?  Why?

2 comments:

  1. I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

    For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

    And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

    ReplyDelete